Review Policy

My blog is mostly catered to the young adult, adult, middle grade genre. However, I can read anything as long as it is both in english or tagalog. I am very open to read different kinds of genre as long as I’m in the mood for it.

I am currently open to receiving Advance Reading Copies and Finished Copies of books. E-books and audio books are great but  I prefer physical books.

I do not review self published books.

Right now, these are the genres which I am reading:

  • Young Adult
  • New Adult
  • Historical Fiction/Romance
  • Middle Grade
  • Dystopian
  • Paranormal
  • Fantasy, Sci-Fi
  • Chick Lit
  • Manga, Comics

Please expect only my (100%) honest feedback. Although, I may dislike some books, I would definitely state the reasons why I did not like the book.

The reviews would only be about the books and not the authors. I am not a professional reviewer. I do not get paid. My posts would be based on how I feel about the story. Unless needed, technical issues would be brought out.

By accepting or receiving a book, I can’t guarantee that a review will be posted immediately. I can’t also guarantee that I would be able to review your book (for a certain period of time), however what I can guarantee is that I would definitely post a review in this blog and Goodreads (most especially books which I have requested).

The reason why I’m doing this blog is for my love of books. I definitely love reading and learning new things. No questions asked I am an Erudite, if not a Ravenclaw at heart.

Most of the books I post here are all mine (about 95%). The other 5% are the ones from wonderful generous publishers, authors, giveaway hosts, friends or family and the local library.

If you are an author or publisher and you would like to let me review your book, feel free to email me at thebookishlife@yahoo.com and I would gladly respond to your email. Please keep in mind that I’m located in the Philippines if you want to send a physical copy of the book.

Thank you very much!

befunky-design