September 5: Ten Books I Struggled to Get Into But Ended Up Loving or Ten Books That Were A Chore To Get Through or Ten Books I’ve Most Recently Put Down (the theme is…books you had a hard time with…tweak it how ever you need)
This Top Ten Tuesday post is about books which I have a hard time finishing or just haven’t finished yet. Sometimes, I don’t finish a book because I just don’t want the story to end. However, this is only for special cases. I would also not finish a book because I just can’t finish it. For this books I usually set aside, hoping that I would in the mood to finish it. I don’t give up on books, I just set them aside for future reading.
Here are some of the books which I haven’t finished yet. They are under the Work in process category in my book pile.
- Lord of the Rings, Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien : I love the first two books, which made me hesitant to finish this series. I just don’t like to finish the series. Someday I will finish it.
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman: I have a hard time reading this story. I was 80 pages in the book but I just needed to stop. I will definitely come back and finish this because I think the main characters road trip is very interesting.
- Windwitch by Sussan Dennard: I loved the first book and it was better but I’m still hoping to love this book. I’m literally reading this book slowly.
- Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi: This book needs to be read slowly, thus I’m doing it slowly. A lot of things could be learned and I was not able to read most of the books mentioned in this book.
- The Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank: I have a hard time reading novels which are non fiction and classics. However, I was 40 pages in this book and it was very educational.
- A Tale of Two Cities Charles Dickens : Another classic which I set aside to read for another time.
- 1984 by George Orwell: I borrowed this book from my sister which I gave it back right away. She read it but I don’t know if she has finished it.
- Paper Towns by John Green : This is my first YA read and I really had a hard time reading it. I thought the main character was too shallow for my taste.
- Tomorrow When the War Began by John Marsden: I read this when I was in my teens and if I remember correctly I had a hard time finishing the first book.
- Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon: This was the only book by Sherrilyn Kenyon which I tried twice to read and I have succeeded at my third try.