Second hand books have their pros and cons. This post is about my pet peeves concerning second hand books. Don’t get me wrong, I love second hand books but they just can’t compare to the new ones. On the other hand, I also think that the quality of the story should be the basis of buying a book, this reason would make me buy the book even if it isn’t visually appealing. However, I also understand that it would be nice to have new books displayed in your book shelf. I hope you can relate to my pet peeves too.
My pet peeves are..
- does not smell good
- have yellow pages
- the spine is full of marks
- the previous owner wrote on the book
- dog eared pages
- a letter was written on the back of the cover
- In the book store, most books aren’t arranged per author
- battered covers
- sometimes the ending was torn off, or some pages are missing
- I stopped reading Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard until I am able to buy King’s Cage..
- Currently reading Carnaval by Stephanie Garber and I’m loving it.. 100 plus pages to go before the end and I’ll definitely crave the next book..