November 15: Movie Freebie — top ten all time favorite movies, top ten foreign films, top ten rom-coms, top ten 90’s movies, top ten action flicks, top ten tear-jerkers, top ten movies your favorite actor/actress is in, top ten movies with PoC leads, etc. etc.)
For my Top Ten Tuesday post I picked to to enumerate the ten romance- comedy movies which I liked. I am definitely a sucker for movies under this genre. I definitely would love to watch them again if given the time.
- Serendipity: This is my favorite romance comedy movie because it tackled fate/ destiny as a plot. I liked how the characters separated and got together in the end.
- My best friends Wedding: I learned that we all have different happy endings
- The wedding Singer: I liked the song I wanna grow old with you
- There’s something about Mary: I learned that being weird applies to everyone, even the coolest person. Also, I like the song Buttercup.
- Fifty first Dates: The plot was very different. It had a heroine who had short term memory loss and a guy who is very much making the effort making her remember what happened in the past.
- Made of honor: This movie made me realise that it would be easier to lose someone than gaining them back
- Monster in Law: I liked this movie, it serves as a reminder that everyone should be given a chance to prove themselves
- Music and Lyrics: The song Way back into love became a staple in my music playlist and I have this movie to associate it with.
- The Wedding Planner: I learned that there are people who are really meant for you and it is in your power to decide if you’ll pursue them or not
- Runaway Bride: Weirdly, I liked the idea that the bride would wear sneakers under her wedding dress just to make sure that she could get away from the wedding.
I haven’t watched the latest rom-coms which is why most of the movies here are sort of classics. Despite this I think that they still are funny, adorable and entertaining. This Top Ten Tuesdays post made me reflect that there are things which romance comedies can teach you. Some may think that this genre is trash but I beg to differ. I think that this genre is as complex as any kind of genre. It is because we are in a world which produces, uses and lives on love. We have different kinds of love, examples are family love, romantic love, love for a friend, love for nature etc. Love has a lot of facets and romance is just a part of it. I believe that writers who write romance novels, screenplays etc. deserve the same respect we give to other writers.
Going back to my Top Ten Tuesday post, I definitely loved doing this. It was refreshing and a topic not connected to books which I could use sometimes. I really had fun doing this post. Since I’m curious with your answers, please do leave your links in the comment section.
Thank you very much..
Until next time,